At the new Land's End visitors' center, tourists are collected by the low-tech but effective method of converging lines of stakes with the open end facing the pedestrian sidewalk. Tourists enter the channel, are guided upward, and emerge confused in the midst of a native-plant bed for the amusement of passers-by. (Click to enlarge photo.)
For real, here's a view from inside the very nice visitors' center. Cheers to NPS for allowing a coffee stand there.
Figure on the napkin dispenser is the 1896-vintage Cliff House.
Out front are the ruins of the Sutro Baths.